OPTIMA Behavioral Consulting is currently hiring for Behavior Technicians in Arizona!
We are always looking for reliable and energetic applicants to join and expand our team. We provide in-home as well as school based ABA intervention to children and adults with autism, and other developmental disabilities. We extend the scientific principles of human behavior beyond laboratory or highly-controlled environments to our children’s’ homes, schools, and communities to identify and teach skills to our learners to pursue and hopefully achieve independence through effective, least intrusive and efficient evidence based interventions. A Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) or ABA technician is a paraprofessional who practices under close, ongoing supervision of a BCBA. An RBT does not design intervention or assessment plans but rather, they implement them and track progress. RBTs/Technicians can work either in the home, community or school setting one on one with a child following the behavioral plans created by their BCBA.
- Implementation of skill-acquisition and behavior-reduction plans developed by a BCBA.
- Accurately completes all required documentation and data collection daily.
- Meets regularly with Supervisor.
- Participates in required annual training.
- Communicates in a professional and respectful manner with clients, parents, behavior analysts and other members in the community.
- Uses data collection software to enter data daily, as well as create, edit, and submit time Requirements for RBT.
- At least 18 years of age
- Meets the minimum education requirements*
- Complete a criminal background check
- Complete a fingerprint clearance card
- Complete a 40-hour training program (this may be provided by OPTIMA BC)
- Pass the RBT Competency Assessment
- Access to computer and internet to support
- Evidence of article 9 proficiency
- Evidence of CPR certification
- Evidence of first aid certification
*Education requirements:- Minimum of 12 semester hours of college in a related field or-Minimum of 48 semester hours of college in an accredited college or university-OR- -a HS diploma/ GED and documentation of 500 hours of ABA experience prior to working with OPTIMA BC.
- Must be able to travel to multiple work sites including office, homes schools and other locations in the
- Access to reliable transportation necessary (proof of valid driver’s license and auto insurance required)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 35 pounds.
- Position requires physically prompting clients and requires the ability to move quickly from one location to another to support the client and staff. In addition, transitioning from seated position on the floor to standing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, bending, and reaching.
- All employees are expected to follow all safety rules and polices.
- Required to report all work-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor and Human Resources.
To apply please send your Resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org